Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A new "perspectiva"

really exciting moment here-- I'm writing an email (in Hebrew...no comment...). And I need to use the word "perspective." So I figured, "What the heck, "perspectiva" sounds like it could be the translation...I think I've heard the word...but it could have been someone just Hebreacizing (if that's a word) English. Let me go check." And it is "perspectiva"! And I even spelled it correctly. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's really exciting. To me it means that I WILL pick up the language. I don't speak it much here, much less with English words. I'm excited.

For those of you who are wondering: פרספקטיבה

2 comments:

  1. How I love Hebrish, any word you don't know just add an 'a' at the end. Great blog by the way,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tal(?), thanks! Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete