Sunday, November 1, 2009

OT Updates

The Ministry of Health put out a pirsum (publication) about the OT exam. It will be given in Hebrew and Arabic (...). There is a list of sources, because the way the law was written, there has to be a definitive source for each answer. The reference list includes English textbooks, some Israeli OT articles (Hebrew, of course), and a law or two. The good news is that I have some of the textbooks. The ones I don't have I will look into getting (maybe, maybe not-- but at least I'm in America so they're not more expensive than their usual. And I can write them off on my taxes because it's for work-- I'm doing independent contracting anyway :) ) The pirsum also included four questions.

The downside of the pirsum is that it is in Hebrew and it takes me a lot longer than it should to read it. Hey, it's good that I can read it but it's very, very, VERY frustrating to me that it will take me 2-3 times longer to read something than if it was in English. And I'm constantly looking up words that I know in English! Half of the words are English, transliterated to Hebrew and...it's really, really frustrating.

I know that I'm not stupid and that I'm perfectly capable of being an OT-- but things like this, just the things you think you should be able to do and then aren't or doing and it takes you 2-3 times as long to do it...it's really demoralizing and not good for self-esteem. It's also not conducive to feeling at home and comfortable. I guess this is where it starts to get difficult, being an olah-in-process.

No comments:

Post a Comment