Thursday, February 7, 2008

Motzei Shabbos, February 2, 2008

8:02 pm
On the 2 bus, waiting-- wait, nm, it's moving-- TBC...

10:50 pm-- no, wait, 11:25 pm
(continuing from the pervious entry that ended with, "Then Imma and Abba called") and they both think I should stay until Thursday...but I don't think I will. Lis's theory-- we went through that. Anyway, so Imm and Abba called, Abba gave me a bracha, I talked to them, etc. Then my hosts called and said I could come over, so I did. I then called Andrea and Yoni, and Bubby and Zaidy, and talked to them. And Rita.
Anywya, Shabbat was ncie. I ate at my hosts' the Borensons, Fri. night; there were 9 other people there-- 4 guys, 5 girls; very Lubavitch crowd, actually- and one guy who goes to 2 yeshivot-- the Mir and something else. Yehuda Aptow-- and we both feel like we've met, but we can't figure out HOW.
Anywho, I went to the Kotel Friday night, and as usual it was great. I had a great conversation with a woman named Bat-Tzion. It also occurred to me, when I was watching the chayalim dancing-- that would never happen anywhere's an incredible sight to see tons of uniformed soldiers passing around kipot and start dancing...
Anywho, so I slept well. I went to shulo with Mis. Borenson, and there was a kiddush in honor of one of the member's b-day. Then I went to the Kotel because (a) I wanted-- eeew, yuckyuckyuckyuckyuck, eeew. Smush, deaddeaddeaddeaddead- there was a bug. It's now dead. In case you didn't pick that up...back to (a). I wanted to go to the Kotel because (a) I wanted to, and (b) to hear Bircat Kohanim at the Kotel. So I did. Then there was another kiddush, this time in honor of Shabbat, and then I went to lunch at Rabbi Stern's-- a Chabad Rabbi. I ended up leaving early because I was exhausted and not hungry. So I went back to my hosts, took a map, then Chana (Lustiger-- one of the girls I met last night who ate at the Borenson's) woke me up for Seudah Shlishit, and we had that, then Dr. Borenson came back from shul, made Havdalah, I packed up my stuff, helped clean up, then came back to the dorm, said bye to Pnina (who is feeling a bit better), and went downstairs to hang out with the girls from the 6th floor, who will be moving up here shortly.
Oh, I forgot something important that I found out on Friday-- Israir cancelled ALL their flights in March and are re-booking everyone on different airlines. SO the travela gent, Batya Lebinger (...?), emailed me asking when I'd like to come back. So I said the same time-- midnight flight-- but on Monday instead of Sunday. So we will see how that goes.
And on that note, I'm off to read a bit of Tom Sawyer, followed by going to sleep because I'm tired. And it's 12:30, and I'd like to TRY to get to school early tomorrow...maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment