Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last Shabbos in VV (I think)

This place is kind of like my childhood in a place. Yeah, school-- whatever. But this is where I spent all my summers as a child and it's really where I think of when I think about doing my growing up.

It's a place that I know like the back of my hand-- the shortcuts, where things used to be and aren't or are moved. The best places to catch frogs, watch sunrises, watch the stars.

I know that when I walk around at 1 am, I can go to the playground and sit on the swing and do nothing but...swing. And be. And just listen.

I'm really going to miss this place. I'm planning on coming back during the summer (or as many summers as I can), but I'm still leaving. I'm growing up-- I am grown up-- and moving on and making my own life, and it's sad to leave this behind. But all good things must come to an end, and that end brings a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment